Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dear Old Stockholm

Another week... Another solo

This week I played along with the actual recording of the solo (as opposed to a play-along). My hope is to match more of the subtleties in Miles playing (of which there are many). I have also learned a valuable lesson about listening to the playback in Finale over and over again as you enter the phrases in. The lesson is don't do it! You will start to get the stiff playback stuck in your head.

This version is from the Blue Note recordings, not the popular Round About Midnight version. I prefer this version because of its medium tempo and Miles takes his time and patiently plays simple lines that sound so good...



I have been sorting through many Clark Terry Recordings trying to find the right medium blues with Clark playing Flugel. I think I have found "the one" for my next project. Clark is interesting, his recordings of "standards" are few and far between and his sound and concept are very unique. It should be a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment